I need your thoughts/comments/suggestions on some CalDAV implementation issues I need to resolve...

In OFBiz, parties and fixed assets can be assigned to work efforts. In CalDAV, calendars are viewed as a folder structure with *.ics files in them. The simplest way to map the CalDAV spec to OFBiz (that I can imagine) would be to have two main collections (folders) - parties and fixedassets. Within each collection would be one calendar per party/fixed asset. Within each collection the iCal "files" (the request for a file will do a WorkEffort lookup and return an iCal text stream - there is no physical file) will be named according to user login ID or fixed asset ID.

So, assuming a base URL of https://localhost:8443/ical - the calendar for the admin user login would be https://localhost:8443/ical/parties/admin.ics, and the calendar for the DEMO_MACHINE fixed asset would be https://localhost:8443/ical/fixedassets/DEMO_MACHINE.ics.

This is a crude and simple implementation that would serve my immediate needs, but it needs more work to make it more appealing to others (and to make it RFC compliant). Here is where I need your help - I need ideas on these potential issues:

1. Some users might balk at the idea of using their login ID as a calendar name - since the URL could become public if the user wants to share their calendar. We would need a way to map an iCal URL to a user's work efforts. Example: https://localhost:8443/ical/TheAdministrator.ics maps to user login ID admin.

2. The CalDAV specification allows for an arbitrary arrangement of collections - just like the folder structure on a hard disk. So, I could have something like -

https://localhost:8443/ical/adrian.ics
or
https://localhost:8443/ical/adrian/public.ics
https://localhost:8443/ical/adrian/private.ics

So there would have to be a way to map multiple calendars to each user. The example brings up another issue - how to map work efforts to different calendars.

Let me know what you think.