--- On Mon, 11/24/08, Anil Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think it will be good to have a spot on Ofbiz site that
> acts as catalog of application available for deployment on
> ofbiz. There are various custom applications that people
> write that can be shared (they will like to) with community.
> Sometime for people don't do it because they can't
> figure out how and other times they wonder how community
> will react to it (I am one of those). I understand that we
> cannot keep adding custom stuff to ofbiz trunk. At the same
> time I have strong feeling that Generic applications find
> less users because they are hard to use.

The questions I try to ask myself are (1) how much of an audience is there for
it, and (2) who will maintain the code after I've moved on to other things. The
specialpurpose folder contains some good examples of "custom applications" that
have broad appeal and a segment of the developer community that is willing to
maintain it.

If you have a custom application that is highly specialized, and there is the
chance you will be the only one maintaining it, then it might be best to have
it set up as a third party add-on.