Hi devs,
IMO we are proceeding really well with Hans's MyPortal application
that uses the Portal/Portlet feature.

We have recently considered, and more or less agreed, that portlets
will be defined in the base or derived applications.

Using this pattern, base (and derived) components should never be
aware of more high level and "aggregative" application like MyPortal.

In my original thought there was only one "aggregative" application
(the Dashboard) embedded in the framework. Embedding the Dashboard in
the framework was possible just thanks to the independence of the
"aggregative" application from the portlets that is guarranteed by the
Portal/Portlet mechanism.

I imagined that, in this way, the framework embedded Dashboard could
even be used like a "home" application where users could land when
they enter the OFBiz.

With this "framework-centric" pattern, the MyPortal application could
have been a simple application that defines some portlets (and
related) and does not define an own application tab and screens. Yust
rely on the framework Dashboard.

So, summarizing, I propose:

1) To move all portlet definitions to their related applications
(mainly partymgr and projectmgr)
2) Have MyPortal only define its own portlets (and all related stuff)
3) Remove MyPortal Application tab
4) Have a Dashboard Application tab that works as home also

What do you think about?
-Bruno