From: "David E Jones" <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>
[snip]
By default entities are cached.

Actually by default all entities are "cachable", not "cached". That is
up to the code.

The default in the dtd means to allow
caching.  It takes an explicit change to disable the cache.  There
must have been some reason why this explicit cache disable was done.
Wouldn't it be useful if such a policy decision was documented, if the
reasons why were written down somewhere?

Sounds good. Is that something you are saying you'd like to work on?

+1

I'm ready to help, as I always say an API (moreover more complex artifacts built under an API) wihout documentation loses most of its interest and power for others (and even in some cases for the one who wrote it ;o)

Jacques
[snip]