j...@apache.org wrote:
> Author: jaz
> Date: Fri May  1 17:47:52 2009
> New Revision: 770771

> Log:
> Often thread pools do not clear ThreadLocal, implemented a workaround to
> handle this

Actually, never, until the Thread is shutdown.  ThreadLocal is just
for storing stuff against a thread-type key.  What you want is a
PoolThreadLocal, which doesn't exist.

I guess I could add code to support the same thing that webslinger
does for this case.  It would require modifying ControlServlet,
JobPoller, and any other pool-like container class, to add a hook to
run an AtExit list of hooks.  Then, add a utility class that allows
for singleton per-thread calls, and at-exit calls when the pool
returns the thread for further processing.

If this sounds confusing, it's that it's difficult for me to explain,
and would just be easier if I add the feature(or otherwise show the code).