I think we have currently some issues pending in Jira that would benefit of a
such effort (look for Mouawad in Jira)

Jacques

From: "Andrew Zeneski" <andrew.zene...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Yeah, I've always wanted to change the service engine to use that...

On May 1, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

andrew.zene...@hotwaxmedia.com wrote:
Yeah I'm game for a more definite fix. But what about app server threads?

At some point, the app server will call into ofbiz code.  This code,
in all likely hood, is restricted to a few select places(ie, like the
ControlServlet is run by a jetty or catalina container).  This code is
what needs to be modified to run the post-thread cleanup.

Any other code that actually *does* maintain it's own thread pool
would also be modified with this hook.

Have you looked at the Executor framework?