This is just how I have been thinking of it, read could also be used in replace of access, I just thought it would be more flexible to have the extra permission. Mainly because I believe that most users only need a permission to access the application, the other permissions would be handled in a dynamic way based on how the user is associated in the application.

Does this make any sense? Let me know if I am just confusing you more and I'll try again.

Andrew

On May 2, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

From: "Andrew Zeneski" <andrew.zene...@hotwaxmedia.com>
...snip...
The new authz implementation handles all of this for us. First we define the permissions, access:example, update:example and delete:example as seed data. These are also attached to the example admin user's security group.

We will give all users access:example permission so they can access the application, but only give admins the update and delete
permissions.
...snip...

Andrew,

I'm stil thinking at my question about read and access differences. Why are you using access above, and in which cases read would be
used ? I have the feeling that we don't need access (or read maybe)

Here is a link to your answer http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/~jaz/ OFBiz+Security+Refactor#comment-7705 and the difference it's still not totally clear to me. Is *read for services* and *access for UI only* ?

Jacques
PS : Ha, I did not had a look at the example component yet, I better understand now, acces looks like the old OFBTOOLS... But could you please explain more how read will be used ?