----- "Adam Heath" wrote:
> Adam Heath wrote:
> > Have you considered doing a git or mercurial branch of all these changes?
> hg clone http://hg.webslinger.org/hg/ofbiz.apache.org/

This situation underscores a discussion that David and I were having about
distributed development. Andy's changes are a great example of the utility of
the "pull" model implied by GIT and Hg. Andy could make all of his changes in
some public "Andy" repo and then tell David to check them out. If David thinks
the changes are ready then he can pull them into his repo. Even if David
doesn't think they are ready, if some of us think Andy's patches are useful and
want to play along then we can sync our repositories with his and use his code.

Now a completely separate issue is how we determine whether someone's changes
are ready to go into the production repository. In a Linus style model, it
would just be up to David and then maybe a lot of people would also follow
Andy's branches closely (kind of like the Linux Realtime patch series). On the
other hand, we could have some democratic +1 type thing going on about doing
the merge.

In any case, the distributed model affords a lot of flexibility without people
feeling like toes are getting stepped on.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO Brainfood.com
e...@brainfood.com - http://www.brainfood.com - 214-720-0700 x 315