Hi All

Currently there is a ton of code in various places that checks to make sure a status change is valid using the StatusValidChange entity, and there are also places where there is no check even though records exist (createShipment for example). I'm wondering we couldn't add support for this to the entity engine itself so that it doesn't have to be done manually, we could add some sort of flag to the entity field def and then GenericEntity could perform the check when setting the field. Thoughts?

The only thing I'm not too sure on is the purpose of the condition field on StatusValidChange and how it is intended to be used, there are no examples of its use in the existing data.

Failing that I'd at least like to add a utility method and a simple method operation to simplify the task.

Thanks
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com