http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Aug 7, 2009, at 9:01 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

The reason why it makes sense is demonstrated in the work you started - you can make changes to the implementation without affecting the client code.

Another reason it makes sense is so that the implementation can be swapped out by a user - Security is a good example.

By the way, I have the ExecutionContext working with all artifacts except the entity engine. I'm working on the entity engine changes now.

-Adrian

--- On Fri, 8/7/09, David E Jones <d...@me.com> wrote:

From: David E Jones <d...@me.com>
Subject: Re: Discussion: ExecutionContext
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Date: Friday, August 7, 2009, 6:01 PM

The main objection I have is the one I mentioned before.
That's why didn't really answer again.

That objection is just that we want interfaces for the
higher-level objects that people are more likely to use in
application code, and it doesn't really make sense to have
interfaces for everything (not for any reason I can think of
anyway).

-David