David, if you wouldn't mind digging in a bit deeper here for me - to explain it to the laymen - is this backward compatibility issue only a concern for people who are changing the framework and need to upgrade their own instances (vendor branches could be a problem here), or if not, how does this effect the rest of us with customizations / custom applications out there?

I just want to get a better understanding of what's next with changes like this - so, any examples would be great. Thanks.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert