From: "Bob Morley" <rmor...@emforium.com>
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:03:01 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: action list in form inheritance

I really like the super idea.  Here is a proposal:

- add support for the "super" element (or some reasonable name) to both
actions and row-actions
- add a new attribute "override" to the actions and row-actions.  Its only
value would be "true" (it would be nice to have attribute minimization here
so we could have no attribute value)
- if the "override" attribute is not included on an actions or row-actions
block that has a parent, a warning should be produced to the developer
informing them they should add that attribute

Reasons:
- most flexibility
- most visibility
- does no harm (unless you count warning messages :) )

The thing I do not like about the current approach is that you are going to
bury more attributes on an already bloated form.  The new attributes are
going to have defaults (for backwards compat) so no one is going to set them
anyway.  These attributes, if used, should be on the rows and row-actions
elements IMHO (but I prefer the proposal above).