Hi Hans

I haven't looked at the branch and I know nothing about birt but I do have some questions:

Other than the branch itself is there any documentation about this component, how it works and what it acheives?

How does it relate to the existing BI component? Is it going to make that component redundant?

Has any effort been put into looking at other reporting utilities or are we just dumping this into the framework because it's (arguably) ready to go? Does it need to go into the framework or could it work just as well as a special purpose component which might make for easier replacement later on? If not, why not?

Regards
Scott