On 2/12/2009, at 9:35 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

Scott Gray wrote:
On 2/12/2009, at 9:23 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

lekt...@apache.org wrote:
Author: lektran
Date: Sat Oct 17 08:40:17 2009
New Revision: 826196

Log:
Fix security issue reported by Alexandre Mazari - OFBIZ-2747
Request parameters were being made available to surveys which in turn
were sending them straight back to the browser creating an XSS
vulnerability.
This isn't a true fix because I've simply disabled the functionality
but at least the security hole is plugged.

Modified:

ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/survey/ SurveyWrapper.java

This change breaks purchase of gift cards.  Go to /ecommerce, select
gift card, $100 variant, classic type, add to cart, fill out survey,
and then it fails to add to the cart.

I would suggest reverting this commit, as having broken functionality
is worse than having a security hole.

ps: I was able to find this by making use of 'git bisect'.  I just
love having a copy of all previous ofbiz history.

It's a pretty big security hole, I'd be interested in hearing the
opinions of others before reverting.  Blindly passing all incoming
parameters back out to the resulting page is pretty bad form and needs
to be fixed.

These seems to happen when chained requests occur,
/control/additemsurvey/addproduct, or some such.  The previous step
then sends in all parameters needed by both requests.

I wouldn't know how to fix this, as we use our own frontend, not the
controller, widget or minilang systems.

I'll try and have a look at it tomorrow, I didn't have a use case for the pass through parameters at the time so I couldn't easily see how they were being used. Now that I have one, it should be easier to come up with an alternate solution.