Scott,
from a securityext code browsing I see that there is a dependence from
Party, Product and Ecommerce.

Party:
1) The UserDemoData.xml file creates several Party, Person, PartyRole,
PartyContactMech entities
   -> Could be moved to Party?
2) LoginSimpleEvents.xml checks for a PARTYMGR CREATE permission in
the updatePassword service. This is to be sure that an admin can
always update a password, even not knowing the current password.
   -> An admin permission should be checked here.

Product:
3) In the LoginEvents.java the emailPassword method is written to be
used for a ProductStore. The password email should be a core feature
not used for ProductStores only.
   -> Could we split this method in a framework one and an higher
level part (dedicated for a ProductStore) implemented in the Product
component?

Ecommerce:
4) In passwordemail.ftl there are few labels from ECommerce -> Since
the email password should not only be an ecommerce feature this should
be moved to Common.

Should we try to resolve these dependences and then merge to security
in the framework?

-Bruno