Adrian Crum wrote:
> David E Jones wrote:
>> On Dec 28, 2009, at 4:32 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> From: "Ean Schuessler" <e...@brainfood.com>
>>> If the aplication needs to create a PartyRole, I can't see any
>>> reasons to not let it do it automatically
>>
>> The original idea was to use this as an extra protection, ie so users
>> don't describe a party's relationship with something else using a
>> certain role if the party isn't really in that role.
>>
>> The result, however, is that it is cumbersome, a real pain, and a
>> common complaint... which is why I'm for changing the default behavior.
>
> Maybe have it configurable in a properties file, like
> requirePartyRole=true or enforcePartyRole=true.

Not the best, as existing code in ofbiz which uses this service may
break if that property setting is changed.  However, maybe adding a
boolean flag to the service definition, defaulted to false, would
help.  Adding the single flag to all the callers would still be a win,
rather than keeping the role creation stuff everywhere.