I am interested in reviewing this work.  I think there may be some overlap on
how we decided to apply security in our ofbiz based system.  In brief, what
we did was put security checks at the service definition and then at
presentment artifact load time, we triggered a security application visitor
that would walk the model and woudl transform those artifacts with
additional security checks before caching it.

The result was that if you have a service that requires PARTYMGR_UPDATE
anything that calls that service (directly or indirectly) would be
automatically wrapped with the appropriate security check.  This caused
buttons, links, forms, and the like to be snipped from rendering via the
security check.  At transformation time it would roll those security checks
up causing ensure areas of the application to be snipped.