Hans Bakker wrote:
> Scott,
>
> If you want people to co-operate with you, you have to avoid doing the
> following actions:
>
> 1. revert a commit without discussion with the original author.

Actually, this is a perfectly good response.  If some commit breaks,
and it's not immediately clear what/why it is broken, and the original
author is not immediately available, and you can definately verify
that reverting just one commit makes things work again, then reverting
and fixing later is the better approach.

You seem to be thinking that reverting a commit is an attack against
you; again, as I have said, don't take things personal.  We all want
the code to be the best it can be, and if someone discovers a bug with
an implementation, that is a *good* thing.

> 2. breaking things in the system on purpose, even for good technical
> reasons as it will upset users as happened now.

Adding new features is good and all, but breaking already existing
features that people are already using is even worse.