--- On Fri, 2/19/10, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:
> From: Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com>
> Subject: Re: Discussion: New package org.ofbiz.base.types
> To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
> Date: Friday, February 19, 2010, 8:56 PM
> Adam Heath wrote:
> > Adrian Crum wrote:
> >> In the org.ofbiz.base.util package there are
> interfaces and classes that don't really belong there - they
> are data types, not utility classes. It would be nice if we
> could create a new package to contain basic data types:
> org.ofbiz.base.types. The new package would contain things
> like: Appender, DateRange, Factory, Range, ComparableRange,
> TimeDuration, etc.
> >>
> >> The org.ofbiz.base.util package could be
> (informally) limited to classes that follow the utility
> class pattern (only static methods, private constructor,
> etc).
> >>
> >> What do you think?
> >
> > org.ofbiz.base.lang
>
> Where ever they get moved to, you need to check for classes
> that
> existed in a previous release, and make certain they still
> exist, and
> just extend the classes that were copied to the new
> location.  Then,
> add deprecation to the old versions.

I probably wouldn't do that. I understand what you're getting at, but it adds
unnecessary code and complexity to the project. Anyone wanting to upgrade from
a release who used the affected classes could do a simple search and replace on
the import statements.

Things like this have been moved around before.