Who suggested removing them? They are being moved to a different package. As I
already said - an existing installation can do a simple search and replace to
accommodate that. Plus, as I have also pointed out, changes like this have been
done in the past with no regard to release version compatibility.

So, yes - this is a thread hijack. What I am suggesting has been done many
times before with no warning or discussion, but now it has become an issue. Why
should the change I'm proposing follow some new rule? Are you going to make
that rule retroactive? How many files in the trunk have been
changed/moved/deleted in a backwards-incompatible way since the R 9.04 branch?

If you want to make new rules, then fine - start a new thread for that. And
make sure the new rules apply to the next release, not to the trunk.

For now, it would help if we could stay on subject.

-Adrian