On Mar 7, 2010, at 3:55 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2010, at 3:52 PM, Tim Ruppert wrote:

>>> That's not quite what I meant. IMO we can do (for the most part) whatever
>>> we want on the home page, and by we I mean the community acting together
>>> (moderated by the PMC).
>>>
>>> What I have a problem with here is the attempt by Tim to justify one
>>> behavior and condemn the behavior of others by coming up with some weird
>>> definition of the word "news", and saying we should draw the line where it
>>> benefits him and causes problems for others. If we're going to discuss
>>> this, let's talk plainly about what our goals our and see where they
>>> conflict, not try to justify and condemn based on BS semantics and "right
>>> fighting".
>>>
>>> -David
>>>

>> I was only using hte definition that we have used in the past - blogs and
>> things on the wire - not marketing your own stuff- calling it OFBiz and then
>> putting a link to your own site.  Are you kidding me Jones?  Now you think
>> this is ok too?  I've seen everything ...
>
> I guess I missed something, where did I say anything about that?
>
> -David

My definition of news was malformed and used too many words - just got a little
verbose -Jacopo said it much more clearly,  Seriously though David - it wasn't
malicious or right fighting.  The reason that we're even talking about this is
because someone put a link into the "news" - which was previously defined - to
my knowledge - as external people talking about OFBiz and internal people
blogging about it - which had a link to a Twitter account that is yet to be
vetted as project based and then a link to their own site - which definitely
manipulates people's ideas about what is going on.  This shouldn't be there IMO.

I removed the only blog post that HotWax had there that I thought was
questionable, but I'm happy to remove all of ours and put them somewhere else
if this isn't the news that we want up there.

I guess you didn't say that what was there was right - you just didn't like my
style - which upon further reflection - could've been clarified.  So, let's get
back to what I jumped to - is this in debate "news" link an ok one or not?  I
think it's not, should be removed, and we should further define rules around
the places on the screen so that this doesn't continue to happen (the link in
the header, the link now in the news, etc).

Cheers,
Ruppert