Scott Gray wrote:
> On 6/04/2010, at 11:59 AM, Robert Morley wrote:

>>> Coverage in framework/base sucks when running run-tests at the
>>> top-level.  There are overlapping classloaders, and this confuses
>>> cobertura.
>>>
>>> Running component tests directly in framework/base, doing 'ant tests'
>>> does give correct coverage metrics.
>> Does this only apply to framework/base?  When I looked at coverage of
>> UtilAccounting (for example) it looks pretty accurate.
>>
>> Also, we were talking in the office -- our understanding is that the
>> Cobertura license would restrict Ofbiz from redistribution, but it should be
>> able to use it as part of their build process.  Do you think there would be
>> an issue include a target that downloads and deploys Cobertura and executes
>> those targets as part of our build process internally?  That way we could
>> get these metrics published as we move forward.  (Naturally we would have to
>> fix the issue referred to above.  Thoughts?
>
> A target to download it should be fine and an optional dependency on it
> should also be fine, but I don't think it's okay to make it a required part
> of the build process even if the jar isn't being distributed with OFBiz.

It's certainly not required.  If the jar is available at build time,
the class gets compiled.  I hard-code loading it(during run-tests
invocation), but if the class is not found, I ignore the error.  If
the class *is* found, but cobertura itself is not, then that error is
ignored too(which could happen if cobertura is removed after compiling).