Jacques

From: "Bob Morley" <rmor...@emforium.com>
JIRA j...@apache.org wrote:

Currently ProductPrice is used for selling goods and SupplierProduct is
used for purchasing goods, I don't like the idea of blurring the lines
between the two unnecessarily.
 Using that entity just because it happens to have a minimum quantity
field on it seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

You are right this may be a stretch, but how it is currently used should not
dictate how things should be properly modeled.  From my perspective,
SupplierProduct was a relationship between a Party (the person supplying
products) and a product.  From a sales order perspective, the supplier for
products in that order is generally the inventory item order (the Company).
It did not seem a massive stretch to suggest that Orders use SupplierProduct
consistently regardless if they are of type PO or SO.

Having said that, I still do not content it is absolutely the right solution
-- only it should be considered as one.  Not looking at e-commerce, but how
would one sell a product that I have to buy a minimum of 100 of in
quantities of 25.  Once you add your minimum quantity support I am sure
increment comes next ... :)  Is there something in ProductFeature that fits?
(Gift Card demo data with selectable amounts just came to mind).