Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> I don't think that there is anything in ProductFeature that fits and Gift
> Cards are actually associations between products with
> predefined prices
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductAssoc?productId=GC-001

Hey JLR -- I am replying here because I don't think this needs to be
included on the JIRA ticket.

I believe Gift Cards are modeled as a virtual product with a number of
variants.  To do this there is a ProductAssoc from the virtual to the
variants to tie them together (as you have indicated).  However, if you look
a little further in DemoProducts.xml in the ecommerce component, you will
see a series of ProductFeatures and how they are applied via
ProdcutFeatureAppl.

My speculation is that this is what the e-commerce site is using to populate
a dropdown list when the virtual product (GC-001) is selected for purchase.
It is also smart enough to realize that when the feature does not have a
selected amount, it will render a textbox so the customer can choose the
amount on their gift card.  (This is with having used the e-commerce site to
do this but never looking at the code).

What I do find odd is that the ProductPrice is hanging right off the virtual
/ variants (each of them).  I actually would have thought that the
ProductFeaturePrice would have been used to define the $10, $25, $50, etc
prices and since both the CLASSIC and HOLIDAY cards use those same features
they would not have to double define the pricing.  AKA - you have a gift
card that has the $10 standard feature which implies the price of the card
is $10 regardless of the style, type, or whatever other features it may have
(granted some features could increase the price, say a credit card gift card
which may charge a $5.95 setup fee).

So where this relates to the original enhancement, I was speculating that a
ProductFeature that is defined as an "AMOUNT" without a selectable amount
may have some restrictions on the boundaries of that amount.  Looking at
productFeatureId 2006 specifically.