Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, but the more I think of it the more I
believe we should officially create an "alpha" release 10.04, instead of simply
creating a release candidate for 10.04.
In this way we will have two official current releases:
09.04 Stable Release
10.04 Alpha Release

Intended audiences:
09.04: final users with no interest (or resources) in helping the community to
build and maintain stable releases
10.04: users (they could be service providers, end user companies with internal
resources or longer term goals etc...) that are willing to help the community
to build and maintain a stable release

If there will be interest around the 10.04 alpha release, we will get bug fixes
that will be part of a future 10.04.1 "stable" (bug fix) release (or a "beta"
release), or even 10.04.2,3,4,5 etc... (each of them more stable than the
predecessor).

Jacopo