I'm confused. What do you mean by "a more stable framework?" Is the framework currently unstable?

What do you mean by "more dynamic applications?"

-Adrian

On 5/4/2010 12:04 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
What if we start evaluating a different way we organize our svn, daily work and
release strategy?
We may try to move in the direction of having a more stable framework and more
dynamic applications.

A very simple strategy would be the following one:

all the changes to the framework (that are not bug fixes) are done in a
separate branch (branches/framework-latest or similar); in this way
trunk/framework will only get bug fixes.
Every 6-12 months (or whenever we want - we can discuss about this) we merge
the branches/framework-latest into trunk/framework and fix the
trunk/applications (of course we could do this in a separate temporary branch).

What do you think?