Adam Heath-2 wrote:

> Adam Heath wrote:
>> David E Jones wrote:
>>> If this was removed, what would people who use this now use instead?
>>
>> Nothing in ofbiz uses this class.  None of the sql generating code
>> makes use of this class.  It literally is completely orphaned.
>>
>> How is this class used to query the database?
>>
>> Plus, look at EntityWhereString, which is close to EntityClause.
>
> Replying to myself replying to David...
>
> If this class really is used outside of ofbiz, then how is that done?
>  Is there an example somewhere of how to do it?

It really looks to me that this is an orphaned class; its implementation is
that of a simple getter and setter so it could not by itself be used to
generate sql without additional framework classes (which should then also be
in the framework to make this a usable feature).  It has not been touched in
years except in cross-cutting modifications like fixing whitespace or proper
generics syntax.

I would vote to remove.  It will still be in source control; so in a worst
case scenario any dependent upgrading implementation could request a quick
patch to pull it back in.