Thanks, for your return David,

I continue the analyse and create a jira for follow this subject.
I think, OFBiz do just make a mapping between ldap and data model. I try to complete the analysis before the week-end.

Nicolas

David E Jones a écrit :
Nicolas,

That document is all I ever did in this direction. Along with that I should say
that I'm not sure this is really the best approach. It was a design based on a
certain set of requirements and on a general goal to have something generic
that could adapt to future requirements.

My opinion on this now is that an API specific to an hierarchical LDAP-like
structure that is generic, in the same way the entity engine is generic, would
be a better way to go than to actually try to get access the hierarchical
structure through an API designed for relational/tabular data.

For future reference the Java Content Repository (JSR-170/JSR-283) has an
interesting combination of an hierarchical structure and attributes that can be
queried using XPath style queries and SQL style queries. It may be possible to
create an API that is good for both hierarchical and relational structures, but
the current Entity Engine API will probably do a poor job of that.

-David