I wrote an application for corporation some years ago.
you could parse and store a document that reference many external links
The App would then section the document and as sections were changed keep a history similar to svn so you could compare past sections roughly like the wiki but in the documents native type. if an external link changed it was also noted in the document and notices sent to the responsible parties.

In the lower layers, parsers were written to handle different content.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro>

BJ Freeman sent the following on 6/22/2010 12:42 AM:
[What I'm looking to solve is the common business uses of content
management in support of an ERP system, something in which OFBiz lacks
at the moment. ]
OK reset. for a hard headed person that has to be hit over the head with
a sludge hammer.
Are we talking about storing documents that a business must keep, like
faxes, word docs, images different scanned documents, type of content?
so a user can go to a page scan a document and attach it to say an
agreement or a shipping segment or shipper for that matter.

Being able to hook a engineering document system into the manufacturing?
later can pull up the document that may not be stored in ofbiz but is
referenced on a remote system,but associated with some process that is
in ofbiz.

I may be too simple but it seems to me our datasource would be a way to
do this. by expanding how a datasource references material.then have
plugins effectively that allow view of different content.
I was leaning to using openoffice.

Scott Gray sent the following on 6/21/2010 6:10 PM:

Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>