Scott Gray wrote:
> Not necessarily, OFBiz need only know the location of a given piece of
> content and how to interact with it. So instead of entities being
> related to Content records, they would instead have pointers to
> locations in the content repository.
Correct, from the OFBiz side. From the CMS side, the content will be a
collection of leaf nodes and the connective structure that organize them
will be invisible. That was my point. Queries across these two disparate
repositories will also be more painful.
> The answer to that question is up to the individual, if OFBiz offers a
> blog, wiki, forum or whatever it doesn't mean that anyone is going to
> be forced to use it. If any of those things were to be developed it
> would only be because someone needed it, same as anything in else
> OFBiz. OFBiz has accounting functionality, but that doesn't prevent
> anyone from using alternative accounting systems.
My point is that JSR-283 doesn't seem to provide mech leverage in terms
of actual blog/wiki/forum code.
> How did you just segue into JSR-286?

Hippo CMS is a JSR-286 provider.
> You're welcome to work on that but it certainly won't be anything I'm
> going to touch. To borrow from you a bit, our content application is a
> maze of confusion and dead code. The best I would be willing to offer
> is migration services for importing data from the Content model into
> the new repository.
I think we are in agreement that a JSR-283 wrapper is a difficult and
not terribly interesting thing to pursue.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
e...@brainfood.com