I'm running MySQL through the field tests I introduced recently and it is failing due to a bad fieldtypemysql.xml file. The file defines the floating-point type like this:

<field-type-def type="floating-point" sql-type="DECIMAL(18,6)" java-type="Double"><validate method="isSignedDouble"/></field-type-def>

When a floating point number is stored in that type of field, an exception is thrown due to data truncation.

The correct entry is:

<field-type-def type="floating-point" sql-type="DOUBLE" java-type="Double"><validate method="isSignedDouble"/></field-type-def>

but changing it in the trunk is going to cause problems for anyone using MySQL.

Any thoughts on what we should do?