You can perform a data type conversion in mini-language by using the <set> element and specifying the target data type:

<set field="doubleValue" from-field="bigDecimalValue" type="Double"/>

-Adrian

On 7/12/2010 7:29 AM, Matthieu Bollot wrote:
Le mercredi 30 juin 2010 à 23:27 +0000, adri...@apache.org a écrit :
Author: adrianc
Date: Wed Jun 30 23:27:24 2010
New Revision: 959470

Log:
Some work on the entity engine:

1. Removed the conversion framework from the entity engine. Type conversions
should be done higher up in the stack. The basic pattern is the same, but
instead of each ModelFieldType containing a converter instance, it now contains
a JdbcValueHandler instance. The JdbcValueHandler performs the same task as the
original switch statement - in effect each ModelFieldType contains its own
piece of the switch statement.
../..
This has been tested on Advantage, Derby, and MySQL. It should be completely
backward compatible. I will be monitoring the dev mailing list closely for any
problems.

Hi,
I think I've found a problem, seeable in createCalendarExceptionDay
service.

When launched, I've got an error :
Error in Service [createCalendarExceptionDay]: Error running the simple-method: Error in simple-method operation
[<if-not-empty field-name="newEntity.calendarId" map-name=""/>]:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in simple-method operation [<create-value/>]: java.lang.ClassCastException:
java.math.BigDecimal cannot be cast to java.lang.Double<br/>null

I've seen a patch from hans type="Double" instead of BigDecimal but in
createCalendarExceptionDay,<create-value value-field="newEntity"
type="Double"/>  does not work.

I think that this will not be the only one error related to convert from
BigDecimal to Double, and I thought that everything should be BigDecimal
instead of Double… so is there something more "global" to do ?

tell me if I can help.

PS : you could see the error using the selenium here :
http://selenium.neogia.org/ofbiz/tests/ManufacturingCreateCalendarAndWeek.html