As a reminder, I have created "Replace all other uses than Groovy (UEL and BSH) by Groovy in widgets and minilang" at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3948

Jacques

From: "Bruno Busco" <bruno.bu...@gmail.com>
Thank you guys.
Done in trunk at  rev. 992441

-Bruno

2010/9/1 Bruno Busco <bruno.bu...@gmail.com>

Thank you,
-Bruno

2010/9/1 Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>

I wasn't actually suggesting it my email, I was just lamenting the missing
?: operator.  But I admit I've wondered from time to time why we didn't just
use groovy as our expression tool, with support for categories, operator
overloading and closures, I can't really think of anything that UEL can do
that groovy can't.

Regards
Scott

On 1/09/2010, at 9:07 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> From: "David E Jones" <d...@me.com>
>> I agree, Groovy is not just way better than BSH, but also better than
UEL too. It might be a bit of a pain to change now, but I
>> don't know. While designing based on the idea of starting over I was
planning on a move to "everything's Groovy" to use Groovy for
>> all expressions, scriptlets, and inline scripts and scripts in separate
files.

> Yes, I'd like it, more powerful, consistent and better syntax
>
> Jacques
>
>> Of course, that brings up the question... why not just use Grails where
every artifact is a groovy script instead of having some
>> artifacts as XML? Well, IMO for many things XML is easier and cleaner
for both writing and reading/maintaining. If you don't like
>> that, well, Grails isn't too bad as frameworks go... :)
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Aug 31, 2010, at 6:51 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds fine to me.  As an alternative you can do something like this:
>>> <display description="${empty usage ? uiLabelMap.CommonNone :
usage}"/>
>>> I know it's a bit verbose but it should also work.  "empty" is a UEL
operator that works in a similar fashion to Groovy's "Truth"
>>> boolean casting.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately UEL doesn't support groovy's elvis operator or it would
be easier:
>>> "${usage ?: uiLabelMap.CommonNone}"
>>> or perhaps freemarker's default value operator:
>>> "${usage!uiLabelMap.CommonNone}"
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> HotWax Media
>>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

row-action. But yes, why not a default-value?