--- Begin Message ---
On 10/13/2010 12:03 AM, Raj Saini wrote:

Then, with the backend code and template files stored in the
filesystem, the actual content itself is also stored in the
filesystem. Why have a different storage module for the content, then
you do for the application?

I don't think it is a code idea to store your code and data together.
Data is some thing which you need to take regular backup and your code
is generally in binary form and reproducible easily such as deploying a
war or jar file.

That's what overlay filesystems are for.

/job/brainfood-standard-base and /job/brainfood-shop-base have all our code. /job/$clientname-$job-name then has the content for the site. We have an overlay filesystem implementation written for commons-vfs that merges all that together into a single view.
--- End Message ---