To be honest it makes it a little difficult to take you seriously when you
completely disregard the JCR/Jackrabbit approach without even the slightest
hint of objectivity
if (!myWay) {
     return highway;
}
The JCR was produced by an expert working group driven largely by Day Software
which has Roy T. Fielding as their chief scientist.  While I know next to
nothing about what constitutes a great CMS infrastructure I cannot simply
accept that you are right and they are wrong especially when you make no
attempt whatsoever to paint the full picture, I mean are you suggesting that a
file system based CMS has no downsides?  Your approach is filled with pros and
their's all cons?
Subversion is good example of using a database to store the contents (source). Subversion does not use flat files to store the files. It does use a BDB or FSFS. Although FSFS is a single file filesystem, it is not a plain file to be manipulated directly. Generally applications using filessystem files add their own header information.
Regards
Scott