That sounds like a great idea, especially if done as a sort of commercial
distribution of Apache OFBiz with documentation, support, etc included.

I see no reason to have everything go through a single channel. There are lots
of people who want to do things, and they should do them! Don't wait to get the
open source project to do it... the fact of the matter is that many of the
things that would make a commercial distribution successful are simply not
likely to be done by the community, or in some cases not even allowed by the
ASF.

I also believe in competition. What I mean by that is that everyone who things
they have a good idea should GO for it and try it out. Don't wait for other
people to do it, do it yourself. There are many ways to supplement and
complement OFBiz and there is no reason most of those things should be in the
project itself (and conversely there are many things in OFBiz itself that IMO
should be separate projects!).

With Moqui I am intentionally trying to organize it to encourage just this: a
robust "ecosystem" of open source projects and commercial products that use the
technology by are not an official part of it. That would include applications
and themes and tools and so on that are meant to plugin to the framework and
share the same data model so the various apps interoperate well, but are not
limited by being part of a central project. Over-centralization is rarely a
good.

-David