Some in the community participated in the design. I called for feedback here,
and some did, and others didn't.

I even did an initial design and waited about 10 months for feedback before
starting implementation. The opportunity was certainly there.

Even now if a really good bit of feedback comes along, or even a really good
contribution, it'll go in (and some already have, like from Sam Hamilton for
example).

-David