Hi Sam,
nope. Content information (images, text, files ...) will be stored in a
content repository beside our normal (SQL) Database.

A content repository is an information management system that provides
various services for storing, accessing, and managing content. In addition
to a hierarchically structured storage, common services of a content
repository are versioning, access control, full text searching, and event
monitoring (see http://jackrabbit.apache.org/frequently-asked-questions.html
).

In our current configuration of Jackrabbit we have to differentiate between
file and other content.
Because files are normally larger than normal text i adviced Jackrabbit to
store files directly on the file system and create a reference in the
repository (that have performance reasons). On the other side text content
is directly stored in the repository nodes (each item in a repository is
called node, a node have different attributes which contains the content
and metadata).

Hope that answered your question?!
Regards
Sascha