Hi all,

I would like to propose a small change to the way we name releases,
specifically the first release in a branch.

The current naming convention is the following:

a) the name of the release branch is apache-ofbiz-YY.MM where YY.MM is the year
and month of when the branch was created
b) all releases coming out from a branch have the major release number equal to
the branch's YY.MM
c) the first release in the branch doesn't have a minor release number; the
name of the first release is then: apache-ofbiz-YY.MM
d) all subsequent releases (second, third etc...) have a sequential 2-digits
minor release number (01, 02,...): the second release is apache-ofbiz-YY.MM.01,
the third release is apache-ofbiz-YY.MM.02 etc...

I would like to change the rules to be:

a) the name of the release branch is apache-ofbiz-YY.MM where YY.MM is the year
and month of when the branch was created
b) all releases coming out from a branch have a major release number equal to
the branch's YY.MM and a minor release number (sequential 2-digits): the first
release is apache-ofbiz-YY.MM.01, the second release is apache-ofbiz-YY.MM.02
etc...

We could start the adoption of the new naming convention with the upcoming
(April?) first release in the 11.04 branch: instead of "apache-ofbiz-11.04" it
will be "apache-ofbiz-11.04.01".

What do you think?