I don't know why birt is integrated with Ofbiz. A reporting tools, is
an add-on to any database driven system, and not essential for the
over all functionality. Yes all of us need reports, and most of the
time we use a reporting engine, but why can't it be separated from the
code base, and used as a separate application ?

>From my perspective, the core should contain only components needed to
bring it up to a functional state. Entity Engine, Service Engine, fall
under this category. Some may argue that UI should be considered as
well, and this is valid argument. But when it comes to reporting
engine, I don't think so.