On Mar 26, 2012, at 11:05 PM, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:

> [...] My only concern is more about politics involved in making future
> decisions related to the progress of ofbiz. If we have to go through
> this to change the location of a script, what are we going to do, when
> and if we (the community) decided to do a major change ?!!
>
> This is exactly how I feel Jacopo.

This is actually the main problem that I am determined to fix: the problem is
real and the consequence of it is evident in the status of the OFBiz codebase.
The situation will greatly improve when committers will understand that we
*have* to use our commit rights to serve the OFBiz community by implementing
what is decided in the OFBiz dev list (and not to freely contribute our own
code to the project).
In the past this didn't happen also because there was not a common strategy for
the project and so "every contribution" was good for the project and every
committer was authorized to contribute what she/he wanted... this was an
anomaly that we are now fixing but of course we have to face with the
resistance from committers that were used to do what they wanted to without
constraints.
But I am very determined and confident that this will soon be fixed because
committers can't use the power, that the OFBiz PMC gave them to serve the
project, to block or refrain what the community decided and so we will have to
get comfortable with the new situation (and the OFBiz PMC will oversight this
situation).

Kind regards,