On 19/04/2012, at 5:54 AM, Adam Heath wrote:

> On 04/18/2012 12:46 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> From: "Adam Heath" <doo...@brainfood.com>

> You didn't give a reason as to why I shouldn't switch back.  If it's
> because of things not working(at all), then list those problems.  I've
> already discovered some cases of embedded jar paths in the build.xml
> files that are out-of-date(I can't do cd framework/base; ../../ant
> tests-cobertura, but using the system-ant does work(once I fix the
> broken paths).

Have you considered working with the ant project at all to fix the issue?  The
problem we have and I think we want to address is simply a case of way too much
code in this project trying to do way too many things and being maintained by
nowhere near enough people with the expertise to do so. We're attempting to
take a good hard look at where we can pass the responsibility for maintaining
that functionality off to more appropriate parties.  Unless there is a very
good reason for not contributing improvements back to ant then I can't see why
it wouldn't more sense to do so.