On Apr 18, 2012, at 7:37 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> On 04/18/2012 12:28 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> On Apr 18, 2012, at 7:20 PM, Adam Heath wrote:
>>
>>> ps: I am going to switch <if> in ant *back* to javascript, *away* from
>>> ant-contrib.  The latter is significantly slower when using a system
>>> installed ant.
>>
>> No please, don't do that.
>
> I've pointed out a problem, and I have a solution.  Don't just respond
> saying don't do that, without a reason.  That isn't enough to stop me.

I thought that all the recent threads about code refactoring, moving out custom
code etc... were enough to motivate my response; but it seems that you ignored
all of them and now pretend a response from me, for such a trivial and small
topic.
The reason is that we want to keep code as clean as possible, as slim as
possible (ok, I know it looks silly if you look at the code now... but we are
determined to work on this): using an external tool for this instead of custom
code is a step in this direction.
The stats below show that the problem is trivial: it is only relevant when you
use your own ant that is not what we recommend; and it is something that should
be fixed with the ant community: in fact we want to increase the cooperation
with other communities (especially if they are in the ASF world) rather than
blobbing everything into OFBiz.

Jacopo