On Apr 19, 2012, at 5:50 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> On 04/19/2012 04:41 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Committed at revision: 1328122
>> Jacques
>
> This change would be needed for anything dealing with PAN(credit-card
> number for those not into the lingo).

Somewhat related - but only in regards to the logging of credit card numbers… I
came across this last year, and thought it could be useful for OFBiz someday:

http://corner.squareup.com/2011/11/luhny-bin.html

What the blog post describes is a log filter that checks for a string of digits
that represents a valid credit card number. If one is detected, it will be
masked when it is logged, and reported via an email alert. What follows is a
mini-contest to determine an efficient way to do this in a variety of
languages, complete with a simple test case and various solutions.