+1 for 1) also, I don't see anything blocking

Jacques

From: "Vikas Mayur" <vikasma...@gmail.com>
To keep the release cycle simple and understandable, I think we should go with
the first option.

Regards
Vikas

On Apr 24, 2012, at 1:01 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

This is just an early notice that we have 1 week before the end of April; if we want to continue with the YY.04 pattern, and create a 12.04 branch, it would be nice to cut the release sometime during this week.
This thread is intended to help the synchronization between committers;
possible options:

1) create the branch sometime before the end of April with name "release12.04"
2) delay a little bit (a few weeks?) the creation of the branch, that we will still name
"release12.04"
3) delay the creation of the branch and then we will call it 12.MM where MM is
the month of the creation of it

My preference would be #1; please express your preference and I will implement
accordingly.

Kind regards,