Hi,

This is more for your information and not really a question nor worry.

Xms & Xmx are widely used and their behaviour should not change quickly, but they are non-standard options. You can list non-standard options using java -X. Note the warning: "The -X options are non-standard and subject to change without notice."

I read that there is "now" ms & mx standard options, though when I use java -? on my "java version "1.6.0_33" on XP, I don't see them.

Oracle documentation is pretty vague and not updated
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html
http://stas-blogspot.blogspot.fr/2011/07/most-complete-list-of-xx-options-for.html

I read also that "now" does not concern only java 1.7 but also 1.6 after _24,
not quite clear...