Brett,

Thank you for the update. I will look into this.

-Adrian

On 9/19/2012 6:02 AM, Brett Palmer wrote:
Adrian,

I'll have to setup a load test to verify that a large number of pending
jobs in the JobSandbox do not saturate the server.  I'll also work with the
thread counts to see what works for us.

Before I read your reply I had configured the service engine to use a
"send-to-pool=poolX"  but did not configure any "run-from-pool" names that
matched "poolX".  I then use the webtools interface to run a service.  The
default pool displayed was "poolX" in the form.  I entered the service name
and executed the service.  The service ran but I didn't expect it to run
because there wasn't a "send-to-pool" with a matching name.  This
functionality seems to disagree with what you said about

"If you don't have a
<run-from-pool name="pool"/>
element somewhere, then jobs sent to the "pool" pool will not be
serviced.", but maybe I am missing something.

         <thread-pool send-to-pool="poolX"
                      purge-job-days="4"
                      failed-retry-min="3"
                      ttl="120000"
                      jobs="100"
                      min-threads="2"
                      max-threads="5"
                      wait-millis="1000"
                      poll-enabled="true"
                      poll-db-millis="30000">
             <run-from-pool name="pool"/>
             <run-from-pool name="testPool"/>
             <run-from-pool name="pool2"/>
             <run-from-pool name="pool3"/>
             <run-from-pool name="pool4"/>
         </thread-pool>

I'll post the results of my load test as soon as it is completed.

Brett