Thank you Paul.

After a cursory review I also see (in very few lines of the contribution):

* bad formatting
* a bad variable name (why _setOtherFieldsToNull rather than
setOtherFieldsToNull)
* I am also not sure I like the attribute name set-other-fields-to-null (that
is btw better than put-other-fields-to-null)

and last of all, frankly speaking, I don't understand the meaning of the
description in Jira:

"This enhancement is useful when a entity is load by reader (ex: seed) and
sometime, it could be modify in data file. If a field is change from a value to
null, currently this modification will not be done in the next load.
For portletWidget, entity PortalPortal have a lot of field with potential
default value, so sometime, first release use some field and when it's reviewed
and corrected, some field are changed to null to use the default value (to
follow best practice)."

Kind regards,

Jacopo