No, Hans said a *manufacturing* job - like when you need to manufacture 1000 widgets.

-Adrian

On 4/23/2013 1:13 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Hi Hans,

I guess you refer to something different/more than the functionalities Quartz
provides?
http://quartz-scheduler.org/

Else, we already discussed that and Quartz has until now been the preferred
possible replacement for the current job scheduler. Which BTW works not so bad.

If those below offer more (and better, I mean safer), how do you envision to
use them?

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Hans Bakker" <mailingl...@antwebsystems.com>
To answer my own question for future reference:

currently manufacturing job scheduling is not part of OFBiz.

alternative open source job schedulers are:
http://www.frepple.com/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openworkbench/
http://www.taskjuggler.org/

to which OFBiz could interface

There is also no link between fixed assets in manufacturing and the
fixed assets in accounting/asset maintenance, for the scheduler and for
fixed asset maintenance that would be an advantage (amount of time the
fixed asset was used)

Regards,
Hans