Thanks for this contribution Taher :)

Jacques

Le 17/06/2014 16:36, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
Hi Everyone,

You know I have been reading this discussion for a while brewing about how
the PMC is not taking the most favorable decisions in managing the code
base.

The way I personally learned ofbiz was 100% on my own, heck i did not even
write any questions in the mailing list. I read the books, went through the
wiki, did hundreds of searches, reverse engineered the code and got much
much better at the framework because of that and I think this framework was
designed from the beginning for developers, not end users.

OFBiz is limited in resources, this was very obvious from the beginning and
I personally say thank you profusely to all the people keeping it alive and
running.

I think the community (myself included) should contribute more to the
project in terms of JIRAs and their patches, test code, translate, push
ideas forward, document, etc ... before being critical of the PMC. From the
little work I did I remember the committers were helpful and quick to push
my patches.

just my 2 cents

Taher Alkhateeb